Monday, August 8, 2011

Got a wild hair...

So went out for a short walk yesterday evening... and got a wild hair to jog, keep in mind, bad knees, bad back, hip thats going south.... running is not something I have ever cared to do but hey, got my Vibram fivefinger shoes on, its cooler than mid day, and I feel froggy, well there is a short little hill behind my place, and thats the direction I was walk/jogging, so I start to pick up my pace some... felt good, then two steps later Not so much....
my knees and back are reminding me of the how and why I stopped running, and not very politely, no matter pain or no pain I can still walk... just gotta slow it down since two of my joints like to disappear on me in mid stride... and the back is still not strong enough to compensate for the inadequate balance... ya hurt myself, but hey this is how I am seeing this, I actually WANTED to run. it felt good for a second there to. ah well back to my squats, pushups, crunches, and whatever else I can find to do.
Been thinking about taking up Kayaking, figure thats gotta be low impact... barring whitewater that is.  Thinking back to canoeing back home, and yes that would be a wonderful upper body workout, and just being outdoors is wonderful.  Granted Outdoors in 110 degree temps is maybe not Ideal in the water totally seems desirable.  well people take care stay hydrated and keep working at it, weight loss itself is about 80% diet and 20% whatever else you fit in so eat healthy, stay busy and live life, its yours to do what you will with it.  those of you trying to gain weight, yes the rest of us hate you just kidding, strength training is the better choice for that instead of consuming massive amounts of calories from crappy food. for one reason, eventually through blind determination you will kick the crap out of your metabolism and be on board with those of us trying to shed some weight and be healthy. just cause your thin does not mean you are healthy.
happy day all, take care

No comments: